In a nutshell – I’m Lucy, I love photography, teapots, flowers and my beautiful family. I adore the wealth of talent in this area and feel privileged to be a part of it.
@lucylovespretty is my social media persona and I think it represents me and the way I work. I have a feminine style of photography, especially in my eye for detail. I use the same approach whether I am photographing a glamorous apartment or a sprout farm – light, texture & colour are all key to expressing the story creatively .
My work as a commercial photographer takes me across the Lake District, Cumbria, Lancashire and Yorkshire. Shooting on location in Carlisle, Penrith, Kendal, Sedbergh, Lancaster, Preston & beyond.
For the convenience of my clients I have a mobile studio, transforming a kitchen table or a factory floor into a highly effective studio. Photographing anything from handmade cakes, cute cottages, slate sculptures to farmers in muddy wellies.
Located in the pretty, coastal village of Silverdale – nestling on the Cumbria & Lancashire border –my home and garden provide the backdrop for much of my work. With views across woodlands it’s an idyllic & inspirational working environment for a photographer. My home studio, kitchen dresser and herbaceous borders can be seen in much of my stock photography
I am always on the look out for interiors and gardens to use as locations for my photography and would love to hear any suggestions.
For contact information plus advice on commissioning and costs please go to my contact page.
- 2003 – I graduated from University of Gloucestershire with a 1st class Honours degree in Photography. I then assisted in studios in London and Gloucestershire with a wide range of photographers with clients included Morgan, Comet and Volkswagen. Assisting was great and taught me so much about the industry and photographic techniques.
- 2005 – I began to gain regular clients of my own including greetings card companies and design agencies. 2006 saw the launch of my first website and a move from Gloucestershire back to my native Cumbria. The business grew in Cumbria and Lancashire and in 2008 my second website went live, which prompted a new range of stock photography and lots of new clients. I was also head hunted to be a supplier to The Garden Picture Library, flower power!
- 2009 – A new office and studio were established at my new home in Silverdale. Lots of new product photography and stock was shot in my studio and I travelled all around Cumbria, Lancashire, Yorkshire and Scotland in the pursuit of local food producers for a supermarket magazine. A regular client base was formed and long standing working relationships formed with holiday accommodation providers, property developers and food producers.
- 2010 – Lots of published work came this year with magazine & PR features, greetings cards and even a book. However business took a back seat in August as my daughter Bella was born. People think that photographers children are the most photographed and shamefully this is not true. She does frequently pop up in shots accidentally as she walks off with the props and with a bit of chocolate bribery she will occasionally pose.
- 2011 – New year and I was back to it, holiday cottages, halogen light bulbs and sculptures were my first jobs. Now part time, my days shooting are precious and I so enjoy working with my clients. One of the highlights was local garden festival Holker, where a gloriously sunny day made for great shots. The stock photography area of my business grew and I was producing seasonal catalogues of images aimed at the greetings card industry.
- 2012 – Puddings was one of the first shoots of the year, not good for those resolutions but always a favourite job. Lots of great shoots for my regular clients including photographing some beautiful Lake District holiday cottages and some exciting new business too. Christmas saw the launch of lots of Christmas cards with my images on from the previous years stock sales and a new range sold for next year.
- 2013 – A new website, as much as I loved my old site the time came for a new site that was smart phone savy and social media tastic and here it is. I have a new stock library and Twitter and Instagram feeds to keep buyers up to date with my latest images.